We aim to be strategic and deliver impact in everything we do. We want to build vibrant partnerships that help achieve core strategies and work-plan priorities and that advance the cause of sustainable land management.
Partnership can lead to enhanced credibility of the UNCCD process – where partners and stakeholders increasingly trust in the capacity of the secretariat and Parties to the UNCCD Convention to deliver global leadership and cultivate innovation for sustainable land management.
In 2012-2013, we will:
- Focus on key themes: food, energy and water, sustainable development, a target of zero net land degradation.
- Focus on practical (workplan) needs: science/capacity building/ knowledge management/advocacy and outreach.
- Prioritize partnerships with those organizations that can leverage transformative influence and change – organizations, networks, CSOs & business
- Move towards multi-stakeholder partnerships – where an increasing number of partners work together on joint projects.
- Deliver better on existing partnership commitments.
The Secretariat will remain flexible enough to take advantage of opportunities as they arise. We know embarking on a strategy of partnership building and stakeholder engagement requires a commitment to listen. The secretariat also needs contribute to the success of partnership projects by delivering consistent performance and service to stakeholders.