The UNCCD Capacity Building Marketplace frequently offers internships at the UNCCD office in Bonn, Germany. Do you want to join their team, and help them expand the Marketplace?
The UNCCD Capacity Building Marketplace, which was launched in 2013, is an platform for the collection, storing and sharing of all relevant information and experiences of, and on capacity building within or
related to the UNCCD process. This Marketplace is a space and mechanism promoting the most diverse and best opportunities to build and strengthen capacity, and for encouraging development of new pathways and possibilities in this field. It is ultimately a “one-stop shop” on matters relating directly or indirectly to capacity building within the framework of this process.
The interns will gain experience while working with the UNCCD, in doing (online) research, expanding the information offered on the Capacity Building Marketplace.
Description of duties for the Intern:
The intern will perform the following tasks under the direct supervision of the Capacity Building Officer:
- Assist in collecting content for the Marketplace, and preparing this for publication.
- Assist in processing applications, sent in by country Parties and other organizations, for the admission of information into the databases on this website.
- Prepare content for social media and upload this content for publication.
- Monitor social media for topics relevant for the Capacity Building Marketplace.
- Assist in research for preparing online (e-learning) courses related to capacity building to the UNCCD.
- Any other duties as decided by the supervising officer that relate to the internship.
- Computer literate, with sound knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Office Suite
- Fluency in written and spoken English Basic. Skills in other UN languages (Spanish, French, Russian and/or Chinese) is desirable.
- Research skills: ability to perform effective and efficient internet searches, and desk research
- At least a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in environmental or social sciences
- Ability to write reports and correspondence in English
The next round of internships will start in August 2014. You can apply now, using the form below.
To apply please fill out the forms linked below, and send them to: firstname.lastname@example.org