The forums of the UNCCD Capacity Building Marketplace are setup as an information exchange that supports bringing together supply and demand relating to capacity building for the efficacious implementation of the Convention and its Strategy.
This website was established and is owned, operated, maintained and managed by the UNCCD Secretariat in accordance with its mandate to support capacity building activities as granted by the Convention.
We want all participants on these forums to have an exciting, friendly and safe experience. Accordingly, all site users must comply with this Code of Conduct in any contributions they make. By engaging with the forums of the UNCCD Capacity Building Marketplace you accept and agree to abide by this Code of Conduct.
Within this Code of Conduct, "contribution" means any material posted or uploaded to these forums by a member of the public, including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio material.
User of the forums must not:
· Break the Principles of Use of the Capacity Building Marketplace
· Send offensive or harassing material to other users;
· Publish defamatory and/or knowingly false material about any person, other users or entities;
· Publish or otherwise reveal confidential information, including financial information and information relating to customers, business plans, policies, staff, and/or internal discussions relating to any entity;
· Undertake deliberate activities that undermine the purpose of the UNCCD Capacity Building Marketplace;
· Introduce any form of malicious software into the community.
· Plagiarize or violate copyright, database, trademark, trade secret, privacy, personal or proprietary rights of any kind. (Users will generally need the explicit permission from copyright owners of any existing articles, news reports, music, video clips or other copyrighted material before posting them)
· Publish anything containing unlawful, objectionable, disruptive, offensive, harassing, threatening, defamatory, obscene, offensive, abusive, hateful, inflammatory, profane, racially offensive, sexually offensive, or religiously offensive content.
Contributions must not:
· Promote illegal behavior, contain violent or sexually explicit material or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) terrorist acts, copyright infringement or computer misuse.
· Misrepresent their origins. Contributions and/or user names may not be used to impersonate any other person, to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person, or to give the impression that they emanate from the UN when is not the case.
· Involve in any flooding, spamming or advertising. (Flooding is when the same comment is posted over and over in the same forum; spamming is the posting of the same comment (or very similar) to more than one forum.)
Please be respectful and civil to other members, even if you disagree with them. Debates should be productive and founded on constructive criticism.
All postings to these forums must be related to capacity building for the efficacious implementation of the UNCCD.
Postings on these forums are all public and may appear in public search results. Accordingly, users should not post personal details or information that should not be publically available.
Users who violate these rules and contribution guidelines will be sent a warning message by the moderators identifying the issue at stake and notifying them of its removal. Users who repeat offenses after receiving warnings will be banned from the site.
If you reasonably believe that any contribution to the platform made by another user contravenes this Code of Conduct and/or any of the Website Terms, please notify us via: CBW@unccd.int
Rules for effective use of the forums:
Reads and search before you post: Your question might have already been addressed in another similar posting. Avoid starting unnecessary new topics, and add your question or point of view to existing topics where possible.
Use meaningful topic titles: The titles of the topics you start should be meaningful to other users, both now and in the future. Be aware that other users decide to read your topic, only based on the information provided by you in the topic, so be complete, precise and accurate.
Remember your audience: These forums are public, and should not contain any personal information. Do not publish anything here you would not want to be made public. Since these forums will be online for a long time, please remember that anything you write here can still be found by anyone even a long time from now.
Be polite: Challenge arguments, not people, write your postings in a professional manner. Do not “shout” (making excessive use of capitalization or exclamation points or other excessive text formatting options)
Respect the UN core values: Integrity, Professionalism and respect for diversity. Any postings violating these values or containing language that does not respect these values will be removed immediately.