This website was established and is owned, operated, maintained and managed by the UNCCD secretariat in accordance with its mandate to support capacity building activities as granted by the Convention. It strives to be the central point and exchange for all knowledge, resources and activities related to capacity building within the framework of the UNCCD. The site forms an integral part of the secretariat’s website as well as its Comprehensive Communication Strategy and knowledge management system.
All users of and visitors to this website are advised as follows:
- This site was developed and is operated and maintained as a service to UNCCD Parties and all who have an interest in the efficacious implementation of the Convention and its Strategy. The secretariat bears no responsibility for contractual or other arrangements that users of this service might enter into with third Parties,
- The UNCCD secretariat retains exclusive rights as regards what information it places on this site, when and how it is placed, and when it shall be removed.
- All information to be placed directly on this site shall be vetted and its suitability determined exclusively by the secretariat.
- Useful, authentic, relevant and up to date information concerning the subject and promoting the objective of this page shall be welcome from all sources, be these public, private, CSO or any other credible source.
- All information shall be sent to the secretariat via the channels created on the various pages of this site for the same. The secretariat shall determine the suitability of such information being placed on the page.
- All information, exercises and the like in the field of capacity building offered by any other entity save and except those organized and offered within the UN system, once place on this page automatically carries a disclaimer from the secretariat regarding their quality, content and the agency delivering the same.
- No information shall be placed on the site once there is any uncertainty as regards it authenticity or that of the entity providing the said information.
- Where information coming from an external source can be had via the Internet, this site shall only carry a short introduction of the same while providing a link so that interested parties may access the information directly from the source’s page or site.
- Links and references on this site to non-UN third-party websites and pages are provided as a service in keeping with the objectives of this Marketplace. Their inclusion in no way implies the secretariat’s endorsement, recommendation or support of the contents they offer, or of the entities promoting the same.
- Users of and visitors to this site accept that as regards relations between themselves and third parties the secretariat through this site is merely providing the services of a marketplace, bringing requests and offers together in one common space. The secretariat is in no way liable or bears any responsibility as regards the relations these third Parties decide to establish therein after.
- All users of the services offered by this site and visitors to the same accept that all decisions made by the secretariat as regards placing information on this site; operation of this site; or any other matter relating to the site shall be final.