Addressing land degradation, through restoration, mitigation and sustainable land management, requires a lot of knowledge, capacity and resources. Often that knowledge and those resources are very specific for local circumstances. Meanwhile there are many sources available for that knowledge and those resources. How do we ensure this information reaches the right people? How do we find our way through the many sources, websites and knowledge bases available? The UNCCD Knowledge Portal addresses that issue.
SKBP Search Portal
The SKBP Search portal includes a search interface, providing awareness, guidance and access to various knowledge sources, including:
- A large selection of literature and articles from our various partners
- The UNCCD roster of Experts
- The interactive maps of knowledge systems
- Best Practices
- The UNCCD Capacity Building marketplace
SKBP Interactive Maps
The SKBP Knowledge Base interactive map provides an overview of knowledge bases and websites reported by country Parties in biannual reports submitted to the UNCCD secretariat. The Interactive maps will be integrated in the new SKBP Search Portal.
Side event on UNCCD Knowledge Systems
At a side event, taking place during the meetings of CST, CRIC and COP in Ankara, Turkey on Wednesday October 14, will bring together various initiatives and partners for Capacity Building and Knowledge Management to the UNCCD. It consists of three parts:
- Introduction to the key components of the UNCCD Knowledge Management Strategy: The Capacity Building Marketplace and the SKBP
- Partnerships roundtable: How various initiatives and partners contribute to the UNCCD Knowledge Strategy
- Interactive session with feedback from participants