|Expert Name|| Sergey Myagkov
|Division||Hydrometeorological Research Institute (NIGMI) of Uzhydromet
|Telephone||998 71 235 83 29
|Work Experience||2000-P.T., Deputy director of Hydrometeorological Research Institute (NIGMI) Uzhydromet
1993-1997, Head of Hydrological Forecasting Laboratory of NIGMI
2002-2003, Project Manager: Combat Desertification in Bukhara Region.GTZ-CCD.
1998-1999, Project Manager: National Action Plan for Combat Desertification. UNEP,UNDP
1997, Participant of the “Management of Change” subprogram of UNDP/ UNV. Include the practical work into US Geological Survey (USGS), Tacoma, WA, USA
1996, Manager of project ”The Hydrological model for short-term forecasting runoff in the Amudarya river” support from USAID
1992-1993, Scientist of Glaciology Laboratory of NIGMI, Tashkent, Uzbekistan
1983-1992, Scientist, Major Scientist of the Complex Research Department of the Central Asian Research Irrigation Institute (SANIIRI), Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Thematick areas: Mathematical modeling of hydrological processes (flood and drought), preparation and calibrate of satellite images for the land and water and show cover condition, GIS technology, programmer for Turbo-C and Surfer system.
|Qualifications||2010 - Professor on Hydrology, hydraulic and water resource
1992 - Ph.D. in Technical Science and Math, Institute of Irrigation, Tashkent, Uzbekistan “Mathematical modeling of the Irrigation field and Amudarya river in the Khorezm region”
1994- NATO Advanced Study Institute, IL Ciocco, Pisa, Italy, ”The Global Water Cycle”
1983- Diploma: Engineer -Hydrologist, Tashkent State University, Tashkent, Uzbekistan
|Number of Publications||50
|Other Activities||PARTICIPANT OF THE:
• Building a Local Government Alliance for Disaster Risk Reduction (Incheon, Republic of Korea, 2009)
• The GEOSS Asia Water Cycle Initiative (Kyoto, Japan, 2009)
• 5th World Water Forum (Istanbul, Turkey, 2009)
• International Workshop on Groundwater Management in Arid and Semi-arid Countries (Cairo, Egypt, 2005)
•International Conference MPMD-2005 water disaster (Kyoto, Japan, 2005)
•International Workshop on Safe Drinking Water in Developing Countries (Trieste, Italy, 2004)
• International Symposium on Sand and Dust Storm (Beijing, China,2004)
• The International Symposium on Space Technology Applications for Sustainable Dry Land Development and Desertification Monitoring (Beijing, china, 2003)
• Water Resources Management for Agriculture in Arid, Semi-arid and Sub-humid Lands (Damascus, Syria, 2002)
• Workshop on Desertification Monitoring and Assessment (Tokyo, Japan, 2001),
• 2-nd Symp. On Tillage erosion and Tillage Translocation. (Leuven. Belgium. 1999)
• Subregional Action Programme for CCD (Almaty. Kazakhstan. 2001)
• Asia Regional Workshop for UNCCD (Bangkok, Thailand.2000)
• Workshop of the Asian Regional TPN1 UNCCD (Tokyo, Japan.2000)
|Publications||•Book: The Information systems in Hydrology and Irrigation (in Russian). Tashkent, 2002
• A model of water and salt exchange between a river and groundwater. IAHS Publ.no.229. 1995
• Mapping of the soil erosion. Problems of Desert Development.1998.
• A method for analysis satellite images. Application of remote sensing in hydrology. NHRI, 1994.
• Movement of salt and water in land and water systems, Vol. 55.2.05(1994) WMO Publ.
• The influence of human activities on water-salt regime of Amudarya river. Journal Annals Geophysical, Vol. 13,1995.
|Last updated||24/03/2014 16:21:00