|Expert Name||Professor Dr. Shuoxin Zhang
|Telephone||86 29 87082993
|Work Experience||Took part in cooperation with the consultants from GWB of Germany on training course,
evaluation and consulting in the field for the Sino-German Afforestation Project in Western
Shaanxi financed by KFW of Germany from April 1994 to December 1996 and for the
Sino-German Afforestation Project in Northern Shaanxi financed by KFW of Germany from
December 1998 to December 2001.
As a Ph.D. student participated the project “Research on forest decline in Europe” at Agricultural University Vienna in Austria from 1990 to 1993.
As a visiting professor joined in the project “Hydraulic conductivity of sugar maple” at the
University of Vermont and Aiken Forestry Laboratory of Northeastern Forest Station of Forest
Service in the United States from June 1998 to September 1998
|Qualifications||Bachelor Forestry Northwest Forestry University 1978-1982
Master Forest Ecology Northwest Forestry University 1982-1985
Doctor Plant Ecology Agricultural University Vienna 1990-1993
|Number of Publications||86
|Awards||1. Rewarded by Provincial Government of Shaanxi for outstanding contribution to
the development of science and technology in 1998 and for excellent teaching
achievements in 1999
2. Liang Xi Prize for Progress in Forest Science and Technology in 2005
3. Member of the Discipline Appraisal Group of the Academic Degree Committee of
the State Council of China
|Other Activities||1. Member of China Forestry Association
2. Member of China Ecology Association
3. Member of the Third Council for International Exchange of Agricultural Science and
Technology of China
|Publications||1. Zhang Shuoxin (chief editor), 1999, Forest Extension, Economic Science Press
2. Zhang Shuoxin (chief editor), 2009, Ecological Management, China Agriculture Press
3. Zhang Shuoxin, Lei Ruide. 2001. Near-natural forests and sustainable development of
Chinese forestry. Forest Science & Technology Management, 2:34-36.
4. Guo Wei, Zhang Shuoxin. 2007. Landscape ecological analysis and planning of the
green space system in Yangling National Agricultural Demonstration Zone.
Chinese Landscape Architecture, 23(142):92-95.
5. Xiaobang Peng, Yuanying Zhang, Jing Cai, Zaimin Jiang, Shuoxin Zhang. 2009.
Photosynthesis, growth and yield of soybean and maize in a tree-based agro-forestry
intercropping system on the Loess Plateau. Agroforestry Systems, 76(3):569-577.