|Expert Name||Mr. Ahmed Gamal Abdel Samie
|Institution||National Research Centre
|Telephone||202 2 346 44 87
|Work Experience||1. Soil survey and classification of desert lands soil reclamation and agric. develop. projects under irrigation in Egypt.
2. Estimation of consumptive-use and irrigation requirements for agricultural projects in Egypt.
3. Soil-Water-Crop relationships under irrigation in Egypt.
4. Desertification problems.
5. Environmental issues relevant to agricultural development and management in Egypt.
6. Management aspects of re-use of wates for irrigation.
7. Safe-use of sludge for soil improvement.
|Qualifications||B.Sc. General Agricl., College of Agric., Cairo Univ., 1944
M.Sc. Soil Sci. Oregon State Univ. (Former College), U.S.A. 1949.Ph.D. Soil Sci. Oregon State Univ. (Formerly College), U.S.A., 1953
|Number of Publications||100
|Awards||1. The order of Merit of the Public for Science, second order
2. The State Award for Scientific Innovation (financed by the National Bank of Egypt)
|Other Activities||1. Chairman of the Land Resources and Reclamation.
2. Vice-Chairman of the Environment Research U.C. council.
Academy of SR&T and Member at its Executive Board
3. Member of the Research Council for Agriculture, Food and Irrigation, ASRT.
4. Member of the Agri. Prod. and Irrig. Division. The National Council for Production and Econ. Affairs.
5. Member of the Environment Affairs Division. The National Council for Services.
|Publications||1. Environmental Strategies for Development and Management of Agric. Lands in Egypt (Draft report submitted to the Egyptian Envi. Affairs Agency (EEAA), Egypt, March, 1997).
2. Potential Salinization Hazards to Irrigated Soils in the U.A.R. (Egypt). Lands Degradation and Desertification Symposium 24-26 February, Egyptian Geography. Soci. and 164 Study Group.
3. Development of Agricultural know-how in Egypt during the 19th and 20th Centuries. Acad. of Scientific Research and Technology (co-author) in Arabic
4. Report on Lands Resources Management in Egypt (Author) 1992. Submitted to UNEP in fulfillment of Contract SSA 91-0045b.
5. Desertification on Arable Lands in Egypt. (889-1991). Three Annual Reports on: 1. Urbanization,
2. Salinization and 3. Dune Encroschmeuk