|Expert Name||Dr. Andrés Garcia Lorca
|Title||Senior Lecturer Regional Geographic Analysis
|Work Experience||Since 1989, I am participating as a researcher or main researcher in projects related to Research and Development, financed by public call from National and International agencies. I have carried out more than twenty research contracts for both public and private organizations related to issues on environmental management. As head of the research team, I have developed several projects related to Research and Development such as: “Technological changes and migratory stream and globalization”, “Consequences for the structural transformation of the intensive agricultura model (Spain)”, “Estudio de aptitud territorial para el desarrollo de un sistema de cultivos intensivos (Argentina)”. As scientific researcher I have carried out the projects entitled “Metodología para la determinación de un sistema de indicadores de sostenibilidad a nivel local (Costa Rica)" or “Farmers perception of soil erosion hazard: strategics towars soil conservation. (United Kingdom)”. I have been adviser to the Regional Government of Andalusia (Spain) on the draft environmental
laws and sectoral programs. I am the leader of the Research Group approved under No RNM021 "Integrated land management and spatial information technologies" I have contributed as a speaker in more than seventy scientific conferences, twenty of them presenting international character.
I have taught a numerous of courses and seminars on topics of my specialty at universities in Spain and Latin American countries.
|Qualifications||Degree in Philosophy,
University of Granada 1978. Ph.D. in Geography University of Murcia: 1990
|Number of Publications||74
|Awards||1. Head of the International Relationships department belonging to the University of
2. Award "Trinidad Cuartara 2005" in Geography and Territorial Management.
3. Member of the Committee of the UNESCO’s PEACE program for the Palestinian
|Other Activities||1. Head of the Department of Geography and Territorial Management of the Almeria Province Government. 1988-1994.
2. Leading expert for the Ministry of Environment of the Government of Spain for the National Program on Desertification.
3. Member of the Scientific Committee of the “Organización Iberoamericana de Cooperación Intermunicipal” since 1998.
4. Member of the International Scientific Exchange Conmitte. Conmitte of Sciences and Technology. Beijing Government.
5. Member of the Royal Geographical Society of Spain since 1977. Member of the Association of Spanish Geographers since 1978.
|Publications||1. García Lorca A., 1995. "From traditional agriculture to technology, from
emigration to inmigration". In: "Desertification and migration", Pag. 281-295:
Geoforma Ediciones. Logroño (Spain)
2. Garcia Lorca, A., 2009. "Agriculture in drylands: Experience in Almería". In Vol V
Globalitation and Environmental Challenge. Springer V. Heidelberg- (Germany),
3. García Lorca, A et al., 2003. “Exploitation of the digital elevation models in arid
and semi-arid areas. Selective detection of the topological shapes using different
approaches”. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), N.J., USA
4. García Lorca, A., 2003. “La agricultura litoral”. In “Geografía de Andalucía”, Pág.
549 – 573, E. Ariel S.A., Barcelona ( Spain)
5. Garcia Lorca, A. Edi., 2009. "Inmigración y desarrollo regional". 339 pages.
Editorial: Universidad de Almería. Almería (Spain)
|Last updated||28/07/2011 11:53:00