Join us to raise awareness on the impact our everyday choices can have on the ground.
Mismanagement of land, unplanned urban development, food loss and waste contribute to the depletion of resources on a major scale, including water, land, energy, labour and capital. At the same time, the greenhouse gas emissions are increased, contributing to global warming and climate change.
The decisions we make every day on what to buy, eat, drink, wear and how to travel – all have an impact on land resources.
How can you help to increase awareness and support the campaign?
- Organize an event or launch an initiative to promote sustainable land management (SLM) and land degradation neutrality (LDN), online or offline
- Use your current activities to promote SLM and LDN
- Send your event details to email@example.com or fill out a submission form for our WDCD Events Around the World map, and we will promote your event!
- Use the official 2018 WDCD postcards, stickers, social media cards, GIF, Infographics and videos
- Share your selfie photos/videos (< 30 seconds) on your Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Weibo accounts. Remember to tag @UNCCD and #2018WDCD
- Take selfie photos/video with the campaign materials
- Record a selfie video with the pledges suggested below in your own language and in a creative way
- ”Land has true value. Protect and conserve it. Let’s observe World Day to Combat Desertification”; or
- “Happy World Day to Combat Desertification! I support sustainable way of living, producing and consuming”
- Follow us, share, like our #2018WDCD posts or tweets on Twitter, Facebook, Weibo and Instagram during the campaign (1 – 30 June, 2018)
- Share the following messages and/or social media cards, GIFs during the WDCD week (11 – 17 June, 2018):
- Achieving #LandDegradationNeutrality reduces poverty + food loss, feeds the hungry, promotes peace + greener + healthier living space, and more #2018WDCD
- Land has true value. #SLM helps recover degraded land + fight #ClimateChange + conserve #biodiversity + improve #foodsecurity. #2018WDCD
- Every product comes from land one way or another. Sustainable ways to live, produce and consume reduce impact on land resources #2018WDCD
- Participate in a 2018 WDCD event
- Share the UNCCD weblog
- Participate in UNCCDcbm land photo competition
If you would like to receive an e-certificate for supporting the 2018 WDCD campaign, please send the materials that confirm your participation to firstname.lastname@example.org.