We offer a dynamic and international work environment with a multi-cultural workforce, opportunities for professional development and a competitive remuneration package.
Around 80 people from over 30 countries are employed at the UNCCD. Our team is made up of culturally diverse professionals coming from a wide range of background experience and areas of expertise. Our differences make us stronger and enrich and enhance our work.
- Fixed-term contracts are usually granted for an initial period of one year and may be extended further subject to business needs and individual performance.
- Temporary contracts are granted for a period of up to 364 days and may be extended to a cumulative length of 729 days.
Staff position categories
- Professional staff and directors (P and D) are recruited internationally for roles requiring a high level of professional knowledge, functional skills and management ability.
- General Services staff (GS) members provide our essential administrative and technical support and are recruited locally.
How to apply
Since December 2020 UNCCD is advertising its vacancies on the UN Career site https://careers.un.org/lbw/home.aspx. For the application to be considered, applicants are required to follow the application process outline on each vacancy and apply for positions through the link of a particular position on the UN Career site. Applications for those positions sent to the staffing email address will not be processed or accepted.
For other applications, such as consultancies, please follow the instructions provided on the Vacancy announcement and submit your applications as requested in the section “Submit your application”.
- Complete the UNCCD P-11 form available in pdf or Word on the resources. At this stage, a handwritten signature is not required on the P-11.
- Write a cover letter
- Include the vacancy number found at the top of the vacancy announcement.
Send both documents to staffing [at] unccd.int (staffingatunccddotint)
- Include the vacancy number in the email.
Due to the volume of applications received, receipt of applications cannot be acknowledged individually. Please address your application as indicated on the vacancy announcement and do not address or copy your application to an individual at the UNCCCD secretariat or Global Mechanism.
Candidates who do not receive any feedback within three months of the deadline should consider their application as unsuccessful. Applications received after the deadline will not be taken into consideration.