Civil society organizations elect their new representatives
The Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) accredited to the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) elected the members of the new UNCCD CSO panel for the next biennium. The new panel members are:
- Mr. Tcharbuahbokengo NFINN from FEEDAR&HR (Cameroon) representing Africa
- Ms. Nahid Naghizadeh from CENESTA (Iran) representing Asia
- Mr. Pablo Andres Motta Delgado from Mision Verde Amazonia (Colombia) representing Latin America and the Caribbean
- Ms. Sabina Gasimova from IDEA (Azerbaijan) representing Eastern Europe
- Ms. Manon Albagnac from CARI (France) representing Western Europe
The UNCCD secretariat would like to congratulate the new members and thank Ms. Djatougbe Aziaka, Ms. Jiajia Luo, Mr. Octavia Perez Pardo, Mr. Valentin Ciubotaru and Ms. Nathalie Van Haren for their outstanding service over the past two years.
The first meeting of the combined CSO panels will take place in early March.