The International congress on "Successful Transformation toward Land Degradation Neutrality: Future Perspective" will take place on 17–19 June, 2019 in Ankara, Türkiye, marking the twenty-fifth anniversary of UNCCD. The forum will bring together senior scientists, academicians, experts, policy makers, young researchers and students from national and international institutions to analyze the current and future trends of soil and land resources, establish new policies based on the principles of land degradation neutrality and create a universal message for the sustainable use of soil and land resources. The main topics will include:
- Successful transformation of agricultural sector for LDN: focusing to enhance the soil health in the food production chain
- Successful transformation of forest sector for LDN: focus on preventing forest loss
- Integrated planning approaches for sustainable use of land/soil resource
- Unlocking the investment for LDN
- Role of gender in LDN to achieve the SDGs
- Sustainable value chains for land degradation neutrality
The congress will also invite young scientists to take part in the Youth Forum on “Land Degradation Neutrality from Local to Global Scale.” More about the event here.