Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Uzbekistan
Yahyo Gulyamov ko'chasi
The Republic of Uzbekistan gained independence in 1991 that was the most important event in life of the country, which opened a new stage in its historical development. In accordance with the 1992 Constitution, with a strong commitment to the provisions and conclusions contained in writings and speeches of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan, Academician Uzbekistan Islam Karimov, the country wages the course of development on the basis of full-scale consolidation of its sovereignty and qualitative renewal of all spheres of political, economic, social, cultural and spiritual life of the people.
Active role in addressing these and other important tasks is to play the Academy of Sciences of Uzbekistan, established in November 1943. Academy of Sciences of Uzbekistan has a long history, the attainments creditable to the Academy include hundreds of major achievements in various fields of science. In scientific institutions of the Academy of Sciences, a large group of prominent scientists is working, whose names are known far beyond the borders of Uzbekistan. Based on the objectives set by the state and the significance of science, Academy of Sciences elaborates most important fundamental and applied programs, innovative projects, and participates in in decision-making on defining and development of priority trends of science, determines organizational and structural issues of its subordinate agencies.
Academy of Sciences of Uzbekistan performs the following tasks:
- Pursues basic and applied research in the field of natural, technical, medical, social and human sciences, thereby contributing to the economic, social and spiritual development of society;
- ensures implementation of the state policy in the field of science;
- analyses and examines current problems of development of nature, society and man, development of the relations among nations and national cultures, countries and peoples, education and intellectual and moral values;
- realizes development and practical implementation of new techniques and modern technologies;
- promotes the development of science-intensive industries, exploring the latest advances in science and technology and supports the wide use of them;
- provides training of highly qualified scientific personnel, the necessary conditions for productive creative activities of Uzbek scientists;
- promote effective integration of science, education and industry;
- provides the organization and co-operation with the academies, universities, research institutions, foundations, and other related organizations in foreign countries, as well as with international scientific organizations.