Registration not required
Single page search
As a network, we
- provide a platform for scientific discussions and exchange of ideas, foster cutting edge science, identify topics and research areas,
- identify and document scientific state of the art of the main topics in desertification assessment, risk evaluation, mitigation and restoration,
- identify and articulate the economic drivers and the socio-economic consequences of desertification,
- integrate scientific findings across disciplines, translate into common language and communicate scientific findings, and
- work in and on affected areas worldwide.
As a think tank, we communicate with stakeholders and policy-makers. We
- identify minimum consensus on consolidated knowledge,
- evaluate scientific knowledge for stakeholders and policy makers,
- disseminate knowledge,
- respond to demands for assessment and information needs address knowledge gaps,
- translate knowledge to improve governance,
- and identify issues and priorities for stakeholders and public policies.