Institute of Geography of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
44 Volodymyrska Street
Institute of Geography of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine is a leading scholarly-research institution in Ukraine dealing with nature-geographical, socio-geographical and cartographic research and investigation.
It was founded in 1964 as Sector, since 1991 as Institute; although geographical studies were conducted in the Academy of Sciences of Ukraine since 1918.
Directions of Scientific Research
- Development of theory and methodology of Geography
- Examination of general trend of nature development, forecasting of changes of its components
- Study of the state of modern and ancient landscapes
- Study of the geographical aspects of Nature-Society interaction and its consequences of regional and local scale
- Cartographic studies of peculiarities of landscape changes, territorial organization of economy, population location and consequences of Nature-Society interaction
- Development of geographical foundations of sustainable economic, social and ecological development of Ukrainian regions