UNCCD Accredited CSOs
National Action Programmes
Voluntary LDN Targets (Optional)
National voluntary LDN targets (original language)
• By 2030, promote the implementation of community based forest management, forest landscape restoration with indigenous species, avoiding overgrazing, area closure, alternative livelihood systems, and ensure the restoration of 3.0% of its forest and woodland habitat lost between 1990 and 2005.
• By 2030, ensure the rehabilitation and improvement of the productivity of 5,000 ha of forest land by stopping uncompensated conversion of forest area, especially in slopes, into cropping or urban areas, and promoting agroforestry, and, alternative livelihood systems, in order to avoid reduction of carbon sock and limit the risk of erosion.
• Improve the productivity by at least 10% of 100,000 ha of the rangeland reserve areas by the year 2030 through avoiding overgrazing, promoting controlled grazing, and rangeland management/improvement.
• Take urgent and significant actions such as stopping artificialisation /urbanization of arable lands, through land use law.
• Through sustainable land management practices particularly implementing biophysical soil and water conservation practices improve the productivity of 10 000 ha of bare land and other areas by the year 2030.
*An unofficial translation into English is provided for countries which articulated their targets in other languages.
- Jordan - LDN TSP Country Report, 2018, English