At UNCCD we believe that forging a global partnership with committed stakeholders is the best way to combat land degradation and desertification and secure our land's productivity and resilience. UNCCD's stakeholders play a crucial role in implementing the Convention and achieving a brighter, land-degradation neutral future.
Our partnership goals:
- focus on key themes such as climate change adaptation, land-related security and migration, increasing land and soil productivity for food security
- focus on practical needs such as capacity building for stakeholders, knowledge management, science, policy and planning
- prioritize partnerships with organizations that can leverage transformative influence and change, such as technical organizations, networks, CSOs and the private sector.
- move towards multi-stakeholder partnerships where an increasing number of partners work together on joint projects
- deliver better on existing partnership commitments
To achieve our vision and goals without mutually renouncing independence and individual mandates and priorities, we ask our partners to embrace our values and principles:
The UNCCD welcomes expressions of interest from potential stakeholders. We have a track record of delivering outstanding results, and we value stakeholders' suggestions and feedback.