National Focal Points
Science and Technology Correspondent
Independent Experts Nominated by Party
UNCCD Accredited CSOs
National Action Programmes
Voluntary LDN Targets (Optional)
National voluntary LDN targets (original language)
The Philippines seeks to achieve Land Degradation Neutrality by 2030, with the following targets. Attain Land Degradation Neutrality (LDN) in:
• At least 60% (4.05 M ha) of degraded forest, shrubland, and wetlands by 2030 and achieve the balance by 2040.
• At least 50% (2.2 M ha) of degraded croplands by 2030 and achieve the balance by 2040.
• Attain LDN in five (5) Pilot River Basins.
• Strengthen consensus-based stewardship of protected areas and ancestral domains.
• Improve Soil Organic Carbon (SOC) in chemically degraded agricultural areas.
• Improve urban resilience to Climate Change and Drought by preventing further forest conversion in key watersheds and wetlands.
• Limit conversion to artificial land -- only 5% of cropland particularly in key target areas/watersheds.
• Sustain positive trends in land management (reversion from cropland to forests) particularly in key watersheds.
- Philippines - LDN TSP Country Report, 2018, English