National Focal Points
Science and Technology Correspondent
Independent Experts Nominated by Party
UNCCD Accredited CSOs
National Action Programmes
Voluntary LDN Targets (Optional)
National voluntary LDN targets (original language)
National priorities, with different target year, to be considered in national plans and programmes dealing with land issues*:
• Improve understanding of ongoing land degradation processes and validation of Land Productivity Dynamics monitoring by 2017.
• Identification of targets and action/measures in pilot areas with stakeholders by 2018.
• Implementation of measures in pilot areas by 2020.
• Improve awareness of land degradation causes and impacts among policy makers at national and local level by 2020.
• Mitigation of pressures on 12,200 sq km of degrading forest areas with SLM measures by 2030.
• Mitigation of pressures on degrading agricultural areas with SLM measures by 2030.
LDN targets at the national scale*
• Rehabilitation measures on 200 km2 of dryland forests by 2030.
• Rehabilitation measures on 12,000 km2 of non-dryland forests by 2030.
• Rehabilitation measures on 50 km2 of shrubs, grasslands and sparsely vegetation in drylands by 2030.
• Rehabilitation measures on 1,000 km2 of shrubs, grasslands and sparsely vegetation in non-drylands by 2030.
• Rehabilitation and SLM measures, including legislative framework, capacity building and economic measures, on 1,000 km2 of cropland in drylands by 2030.
• Rehabilitation and SLM measures, including legislative framework, capacity building and economic measures, on 10,000 km2 of cropland in non-drylands by 2030.
• Zero urban areas growth by 2050, in line with the EU target.
* National priorities and LDN targets should be considered as preliminary scientific results. The process for their update and validation is currently ongoing.
- Italy - LDN TSP Country Report, 2015, English