National Focal Points
Science and Technology Correspondent
Independent Experts Nominated by Party
UNCCD Accredited CSOs
National Action Programmes
Voluntary LDN Targets (Optional)
National voluntary LDN targets (original language)
All listed targets should be accompanied by sustainable management of the resource and envisaged to be achieved by 2030.
• Reforest 882.86 km2 of converted forest into other land use/cover types, and rehabilitate/restore all abandoned legal and illegal mineral mining and sand winning sites by 2030.
• Improve productivity and soil organic carbon stocks in 18475.96 km2 of cropland by 2030.
• Rehabilitate/restore 5107.70 km2 of degraded forest, including abandoned legal and illegal mineral mining sites for enhanced productivity by 2030.
• Rehabilitate/restore and sustainably manage 4593.39 km2 of degraded shrubs, and sparsely vegetated areas for improved productivity and reduction in bush/wild fires by 2030.
• Reduce conversion of 45079.72 km2 of remaining forest to other types of vegetation, and halt all illegal mining activities by 2030.
• Increase the soil organic carbon of degraded croplands and rangelands by 66 % (i.e., 1.20 % to 2.0 %) by 2030.